Groups are where communication and collaboration happens in Feishu. All members in a team can create new groups and each group allows up to 5,000 people to join.
1. Create a group
- •From your desktop, click + next to the search bar and select New Group.
- •Set the group as Private or Public by clicking the toggle. Private groups can only be joined via invitations while public groups can be found and joined by anyone.
- •Add a group name and photo as you like to let others know what the group is about.
- •Select people you'd like to invite to the group, whether from your organization or .
- •Click Create when you're ready.
2. Create a group from a private chat
When you're having a one-on-one chat and you want to include others into the conversation, you can create a group chat based on the private chat and sync messages to the new group as needed.
- •From your desktop app, click New Group at the top right corner of a private chat.
- •Select the people you'd like to invite to the group, whether from your organization or external contacts.
- •Add a group name as you like to let others know what the group is about.
- •If you want to sync previous messages to the new group, check the Sync messages box and click Create.
- •Select the messages you need and click Done to sync them to the new group.
- •If you don't need to sync messages to the new group, just leave the Sync messages box unchecked and click Create.
On your phone, click "···" at the top right corner of a private chat to enter chat settings, and click New Group to create a group chat.