This article will teach you how to upload files to the Drive and preview them online.
I. Function overview
Docs has a Drive feature that supports uploading files of all formats. A single uploaded file can be up to GB in size. Docs also supports online previewing of files, including DOC, PPT, and PDF formats among dozens of others. The formats supported for online previewing are listed in detail below.
Once a file has been uploaded to Docs, you will see it listed in My Space and Recent on the homepage.
When you receive a file on your desktop, move the cursor over the file card to display the Save to Docs button, and then click it to save the file to Docs - My Space.
You can use the following two methods to upload a file to Docs using a web page client. Uploaded files can be found in Docs - My Space.
- •Method 1: Drag the local file directly onto the Docs homepage.
- •Method 2: Click Upload - Upload file in the top right corner of the Docs homepage and select the local file to be uploaded.
Files uploaded to Docs support preview in multiple formats. Click files on your computer or mobile phone to view them.
- •The file types and formats that currently support preview are as follows:
View File Info
Open the uploaded file preview page and click the ℹ button on the right to view the file type, size, number of readers or times read, history, and other info.
Q: Can I convert files uploaded to Docs to online documents?
DOC/DOCX and XLS/XLSX files uploaded to Docs can be converted to online documents and be edited online.
- •Click Upload - Upload file in the top right corner of the Docs homepage and select the local DOC/DOCX/XLS/XLSX file.
- •Go to the Browse files page and click Convert to Doc in the top right corner to convert the file to an online document.
💗 If this article has been helpful, please give us a thumbs-up.