I. Function overview
You have 2 ways to insert an image into a Sheet:
- •Insert image in cell: The image will be embedded into a cell and its size changes with the cell size. You can insert only one image in each cell and can’t insert text to that cell simultaneously.
- •Insert image over cells: The inserted image will float over a cell and its size doesn’t change with the cell size.
- ◦Method 1: Click the Image button in the Sheets toolbar and select Insert image in cell.
- ◦Method 2: Copy an image and right-click in a Sheet to paste the image to a cell.
Note: When you copy and paste an external image to a Sheet, the image will be inserted as a cell image by default.
- •Insert image over cells:
- ◦Click the Image button in the Sheets toolbar and select Insert image over cells. The image will float over the cell.
- 2.Copy, cut and paste an image
- •Method 1: Use a shortcut
- ◦Copy an image: Command + C or Ctrl+ C
- ◦Cut an image: Command + X or Ctrl+ X
- ◦Paste an image: Command + V or Ctrl+ V
- •Method 2: Select an image over cell, click the ... button in the upper-right corner of the image, and select Copy or Cut in the menu.
Note: You can’t use method 2 for image in cell.
- •Move an image in cell: Select the cell where the image is located, and then cut and paste the image to move it.
- •Move an image over cells: Click an image to select it and hover the mouse over the image. When the cursor changes to a hand pointer, drag the image to move it.
- •Adjust the size of an image in cell: You can adjust the height and width of a cell to change the cell size. The image size will change accordingly.
- •Adjust the size of an image over cells: Click an image to select it, and then drag the blue icons around the image to adjust the image size.
- 5.View and download a full-size image
- •Image in cell: Hover your mouse over a cell image, and click the Full Screen button that appears in the top-right corner of the image. You can use the menu at the bottom of the full-size image to adjust its size or rotate the image. You can also right-click on the image to save it.
- •Image over cells: Select an image and click the ... button in the right-corner of the image to enter the full-screen mode and view or download the full-size image.
Q: How many images can I insert to a cell?
A: You can insert only one image to a cell.
Q: How can an image be fully displayed without being truncated by the borders?
A: After you manually adjust the height or width of a cell, the height and width will be fixed and won’t be self-adaptive to the image. If you need to make the cell size self-adaptive again, double-click on the border between the cell and its adjacent row or column.
Q: How can I display both text and images in the same cell?
A: To display both text and images in a cell, enter text, insert images as floating ones, and then adjust the image size one by one.
Q: Can I batch insert images?
A: No, batch inserting images isn't supported for the time being.
👍 If article has been helpful, remember to give us a thumbs up.