By reading this help doc, you can learn how to configure Jira Master on Feishu and build a connection with Jira Software Server, so that your team can directly view, create and manage Jira projects in Feishu.
- •About Jira Software Server
Jira Software Server is a project and issue tracking tool developed by Atlassian. It is widely used in software issue tracking and agile project management. It is a version of Jira, used by enterprises through local deployment.
Jira Master is a practical tool developed by Feishu. It allows you to receive development updates instantly in Feishu, making it easier to follow and manage development, as well as facilitating communication.
Conditions of use
- •The configuration process must be operated on desktop
- •Jira services used by your enterprise support external network access
- •Configure IP whitelist: If external network doesn't have access to Jira of your enterprise, you can set the IP whitelist to allow Jira Master access to the corporate private Jira system. The available exit IP addresses are as follows:
Company administrators must configure the app before users use it, or else users will receive an error message.
Configure Jira Master (company administrators)
After installing Jira Master, the company administrator can find it in App List via the Admin console.
Open the details page in Jira Master and click Open Manager homepage to configure.
Connect to Jira
Open the Jira Master Admin to set up the connection between Jira Master and an enterprise Jira address. The connection is required before you can use Jira Master properly.
Set up the connection between company Jira address and Jira Master URL
- •Go to the Admin and select Connect to Jira on the left.
- •Enter the Jira URL used at your company in Jira URL. The format is a URL starting with "https://".
- •Confirm that the address is correct and click Reset Configuration.
Configure the application link
- •Go to company Jira's admin.
- •Copy the Jira Master address to Jira's application links configuration page by following the instructions displayed in the example image.
Note: Navigation path to the configuration page in Jira might be different in different Jira versions. You can find more information in the following section How to configure application links in Jira.
- •Click Continue in the Jira interface.
- •Click Next on the Jira Master Admin page.
Fill the link applications form in Jira
- •Go to the Jira page and copy Application Name from the Jira Master Admin as in the example, then paste it to the corresponding place on the Jira webpage.
- •Set Generic App under Application Type, then select Continue.
- •Click Continue and then return to the Jira Master Admin and click Next.
Input the security data of the app in Jira
- •Copy the Consumer Key, Consumer Name and Public Key from the Jira Master Admin to their corresponding locations in the company Jira configuration interface as shown in the example image.
- •After clicking Continue, you will see a message on the Jira configuration page indicating that the configuration is being processed. By then, the link configuration of the company Jira is completed.
- •Click Next in the Jira Master Admin.
Complete the configuration
- •Click Allow on the page as shown below to complete the configuration process.
How to configure application links in Jira
Below is an introduction of how to use Jira to access the application link configuration page:
- 1.Open the company Jira webpage and click the Settings button in the upper right corner.
- 2.Select Products - Integrations - Application links.
- 3.Enter the URL provided by the Jira Master Admin.
- 4.Click Create New Link.
How to obtain URL to configure webhooks
Click Configure Notifications in the navigation bar of Jira Master Admin. The URL in Webhook URL is what you need to add when you configure Webhooks in your Jira.
Q: What are the common reasons why Jira Master configuration fails?
- •The public key on the Jira side was not deleted synchronously during the reconfiguration. The configuration of Jira Master is actually the configuration of public and private keys. To reconfigure, you need to delete the matched public and private keys simultaneously on Jira Master and Jira server.
- •Make sure your Jira server time is synchronized with Network Time Protocol (NTP).