In this article, you'll find instructions on managing Workplace in Feishu to cater to your office collaboration needs
Management roles: Enterprise administrator, Workplace administrator
Effective version: V3.14 or higher version on computer, V3.14 or higher version on mobile
I. Workplace Management
To provide application recommendations for Employees, you will need to access "Workplace Management" from the application menu in "Feishu Admin", you may also setup Application classifications from the tab
1. Recommended apps
To set recommended application(s), select "Workplace Management" in "Feishu Admin", click "+ a recommendation rule", enter a rule name and select the relevant department and relevant application(s), then click "Save" to complete the recommendation application(s) rule
- •Rule name: it is only used by administrator to distinguish rules and transparent to other employees
- •Department: You can select the relevant department or relevant employee
- •Apps: You can choose one or more apps. Gentle reminder: top apps will be displayed first.
- •Activate / Deactivate Rule: you may activate or deactivate the rule by clicking the button on the right; button is blue indicates "activated", greyed-out indicates "deactivated"
- •Delete Rule: Move the mouse over the rule item, delete button option will appear, click to confirm deletion
- •Reordering: move the mouse cursor over the sorting icon to complete the reordering of rules
Relationship between rules:
- •User/Employee or Apps covered by different rules are allowed to overlap
- •The top-ranked rules will be displayed first
- •Recommended applications will be displayed in order, including combination of related rules
2. Custom classification
In order to add a category for application(s), select Add a category within Workplace Management, update category name field and add the relevant application(s), then click Save to complete the process
- •Category name: supports Chinese, English, and Japanese text. This field cannot be left null.
- •Applications: the order of custom classifications will be displayed first in Workplace.
Managing custom classification
- •Activate / Deactivate: The custom classification(s) will not take effect once it is deactivated. If the employee has more than 20 applications available, Workplace will display the Custom classification of Feishu.
- •Delete: Move the mouse over the classification item, delete button option will appear, click to confirm deletion.
- •Reorder: move the mouse cursor over the sorting icon to complete the reordering of classification.
3. Display rule
- •By default, Display rule is selected, providing consistency of applications in both desktop and mobile; all applications is displayed by default.
- •If the desktop/mobile does not support a specific application, you will be requested to access the application from a different desktop/mobile
- •If you select Show only available apps on desktop and mobile, application(s) that is not supported will not be displayed, in return improving efficiency in the search function for applications
II. App configuration
- •Within Feishu Admin, you can locate the App List in the dropdown Application menu, installed applications will be displayed
- •Select the application you wish to enter the configuration function
1. Activate or deactivate
Click the switch to toggle the application on and off. When the app is disabled, the application will be offline in Feishu.
2. Set availability
- •You can determine the availability of a specific application to a specific range of employees or departments
- •You may also provide the permission for specific user(s) to select the availability range
- •Employees without permission rights, they may request via application card, or Bot, or submit application via in-app page
- •Click Edit, select the specific department or employee, and then click Confirm to complete the settings
3. Manage contact permission
You can set the range of contact permission and determine which department(s) and/or employee(s) the application can access the data from
You may turn on or off the "Sync automatically from availability" function, this will allow the availability of the specific information to be automatically synchronized to the Range of contacts
- •Click Edit, select the departments or employee, and click Confirm to complete the setting.