In the design of the approval process, we can select a role as the approver. This designates a certain type of role to perform the approval process in a specific area.
- •Role: Certain type of members in the organization structure, such as HR, Administration, Finance, Legal affairs, IT, etc.
- •Situation: For example, you may want to designate specific HR members to approve onboarding, or have administration approve procurement.
- •Advantage: If an approver resigns, approvals will be transferred to other members of the same role by default without modifying the approval process. This standardizes the team approval process and improves efficiency.
Designate a role as an approver
1. From Approval Admin, click Create or Edit existing approvals to enter the Process Design page.
2. Click the appropriate approval step and then select roles in Set approver- Approver.
How to create and manage roles
2. On the Role tab, you can edit, add, and delete roles, as well as edit related members under this type of role.
Q: How is the management scope of the role related to the approval process?
A: Once a role's management scope is set, the approval will be transferred to the role members of the requester's department correspondingly.
For example, the Personnel role is set as the approver, and the management scope is set to Yvonne or S++:
- •Onboarding approval requested by the Design department will be transferred to Yvonne for approval by default.
- •Onboarding approval requested by the Operation department will be transferred to S++ for approval by default.
- •Onboarding approvals requested by other departments will be transferred according to the setting of "Approvers are empty" in the process design.