Feishu's Jira Master allows you to follow up on issues in Jira and manage your own projects.
Before you start, make sure that your company administrator has completed the configuration for the app. For the configuration procedure, see Set up Jira Master in Feishu.
I. Function Overview
Jira Master is an important tool for you to stay updated with project dynamics and improve project management efficiency.
With Jira Master, you can quickly create, browse, and edit issues in Feishu, receive prompt notifications on issue dynamics and create custom notifications for project groups.
Note: You can also insert Jira Filter into Docs to present and automatically update data in the form of tables, as well as use sorting, filtering and grouping functions to efficiently manage data in Docs. For the specific processes, please refer to Docs | Insert a Jira Filter into Docs.
1. How to use Jira Master on Feishu desktop
- •Open Feishu, search Jira Master in Search Box and click to open it.
After opening Jira Master, you can:
- ◦View and edit issue details
1.1 Create an issue
- •Click Create issue, fill in Project, Issue Type and Summary, and click Create.
- •After creating an issue, you will receive a notification in Feishu, and the issue will appear on the page of Issue and Notifications where you can view or edit the details.
1.2 Set notifications
- •Click Notification Settings and select when you would like to be notified on the side bar.
1.3 View issue list
- •Click Issue to check recently viewed issues.
- •Use the drop-down list to filter issues unresolved and assigned to me, issues reported by me or issues watched by me to check issue status and priority.
The custom filters you saved in Jira for Web can also be displayed in this drop-down list.
As shown in the picture below, you can set the filtering rule as issued unresolved and click Save as, and then it will be displayed in the drop-down list.
1.4 Check notifications
- •Click Notifications, and you can view updates of issues and learn the progress of issues that are currently being resolved.
1.5 View and edit issue details
- •Click an issue to view details. Here you can edit, comment or forward the issue.
2. Use Jira Master Bot notifications in group chats
You can create a group to include relevant members of a project to keep yourself updated with any request changes, version releases and other notifications on the Jira project in Feishu. You can also choose to add Jira Master Bot to separate groups and configure the filter to receive the notifications of your interest only.
2.1 Add Jira Master Bot
To add Jira Master Bot to a group chat, select the Group Info and navigate to BOTS.
- •Select Add Bot, Search Jira and Add Jira Master
2.2 Configure a group notification
Click Settings to open the group settings page of Jira Master Admin.
You can use filter or JQL to search for the issues you want to receive notifications for.
To use filter, click Search by Filter and fill in the required information in the Set Project Notification window, and then click Save.
To use JQL, click Search by JQL and fill in the JQL query in the Set Project Notification window to filter notifications.
Instructions for JQL query construction:
Please note that the notifications subscribed to by groups do not support the JQL functions that are required to be called by the current user. For example, currentLogin(), currentUser().
- •In the Jira for Web homepage, go to the Filter page > Search page.
- •Select the desired filter criterion on the page, click "Advanced" and the JQL query will be displayed and ready for copy.
- ◦If you wish to receive the notifications of existing Kanban boards in Jira, open the target board in Jira for Web, and click Kanban board > Configure at the top left corner on the page, then copy the JQL query after the Filter query.
2.3 Create an issue quickly in a group chat
1. Before creating an issue, you need to configure the issue template first.
a. In a group chat, enter
@Jira Master create, and then click Settings.
b. You will be redirected to the Create template page of the Web client. Configure the template following the instructions on the page.
- 2.In a group chat, you can enter
@Jira Master create <Issue name> @<Group member> to create a new issue and set the @mentioned member as the assignee of the issue.
Note: If you have @mentioned more than one member, the last @mentioned member will be the assignee.
2.4 Other features
- •In a group chat, enter "@Jira Master" and in the settings, click Settings to go to the Web client to configure Jira Master Bot in the group.
- •In a group chat, enter "@Jira Master" and "help" to view the command list and help documentation.
3. How to use Jira Master on Feishu app
- •Open Feishu mobile app, search Jira Master or click Workplace - Jira Master to open.
3.1 Create an issue
- •Open Jira Master app, click + at the bottom to create a new issue. Fill in required information in the page, click Create, and later you will receive notifications of creating an issue.
3.2 View project list
Click Project at the bottom bar. You can view relevant issues of one certain project by clicking Search, Quick filters or Status.
3.3 View issue list
- •Click Issues at the bottom, and you can view issues through filters.
- •Click an issue to view more details and to unwatch or comment.
3.4 View notices
- •Click Notices to view operations chronologically.
- •Click a notice to view details and to unwatch or comment.
3.5 Set notifications
- •Click Settings to select when you would like to be notified.
Ⅲ. Related Help Docs
👏 Congratulations! Now you know how to use Jira in Feishu. Want to learn more about Workplace? Click here!