Screen sharing is one of the most frequently used features in meetings. This time we've upgraded this feature to bring you a whole new experience!
While screen sharing, you can now request or give remote control, share computer audio, and annotate on the shared screen. These features can help you communicate easily and effectively in a call or meeting.
Note: The minimum version required for the features described in this article is V3.22.
- •Request or give remote control: You can request control of another participant's screen, or give control of your screen to another participant.
- •Share computer audio: You can share your computer audio while you're sharing your entire screen, a specific window, or an application.
- •Annotate on the shared screen: You can easily make annotations on the shared screen.
- •Share your screen on mobile: You can now share the screen of your mobile device anytime, anywhere.
1. Share your screen
During a call or meeting, you can click the Share content icon to share your entire screen or a specific window.
Desktop: Click the Share content icon on the control bar, and choose whether to share your entire screen or a specific window.
Mobile: Tap the More icon on the control bar, and select Share content.
2. Request or give remote control of the shared screen
Request remote control
You can request remote control from the host or participant who is sharing his or her screen.
- 1.While viewing another person's shared screen, click the More icon on the control bar, and select Request remote control.
- 2.The person sharing will receive a notification asking if he or she wants to approve your request to control his or her screen.
- 3.You'll be notified when your request is approved. Click anywhere inside the shared screen to start taking control.
- 4.To stop the session, click the More icon on the control bar and select Stop control.
Give remote control
You can give remote control to another participant when you share your screen.
- 1.While screen sharing, click Remote control on the control bar, and select the participant you want to give keyboard and mouse control to.
- 2.To stop the session, click Remote control on the control bar and click Stop control.
3. Annotate on the shared screen
Meeting participants can annotate on the shared screen. The annotation tools available depend on two factors:
- •whether you're on desktop or mobile;
- •whether you're sharing your screen or viewing another person's screen.
- 1.While screen sharing, click Annotate on the control bar. On the annotation toolbar that appears, choose the tool that you want to use.
While viewing another participant's shared screen, click the More icon on the control bar and select Annotate. On the annotation toolbar that appears, choose the annotation tool that you want to use.
- 2.To close the annotation toolbar, click the close icon on the right.
Here's a list of the annotation tools that you can use:
- •Mouse (default): Turn your cursor into the default mouse pointer.
- •Laser: Turn your cursor into a laser pointer. Only the person sharing can use this tool.
- •Draw: The following tools are available if you want to draw on the shared screen:
- •Color: Pick a color to use when you're drawing on the shared screen. The following colors are available:
- •Undo: Undo your latest annotation.
- •Clear: Delete the annotations. There are three options:
Note: The person sharing can use all three options mentioned above. Other participants can only clear their own drawings.