This article will show you how to set the facial recognition function for attendance.
You can enable the facial recognition function for attendance in Feishu. If you enable this function, employees must pass the facial recognition to clock in/out.
📌 How should administrators set?
Go to the Group Settings page in the Attendance Admin, administrators can add a new attendance group or edit existing groups.
- 2.Enable facial recognition
Find Attendance Settings and enable facial recognition. Face recognition is required for all attendance situations by default. You can also set it to require face recognition when it suspects cheating.
- 1.Facial recognition is required for every clock-in/out by default. You can also require facial recognition for suspected cheating.
- 2.You can allow employees to take photos for checking when facial recognition fails.
If you enable the function, the system will remind attendance group members to upload face data.
- 1.Suspected cheating situations mainly include:
- ◦Clock in/out with different accounts on the same device.
- ◦There are no attendance records on the same device in the past 7 days.
- 2.Facial recognition is only available on Feishu version 3.2.0 or above.
- 3.Set attendance method when the face recognition fails
When the face recognition fails, you can set:
- •Allow employees to re-upload face data: employees can retake a photo or upload an image when the face recognition is unsuccessful. The face data will be updated once it's approved. The approval process will be sent to the immediate superior and CC'ed to the attendance group administrator by default. You can go to the Approval Admin to modify the process.
- •Allow employees to clock in or out with photos: employees can clock in or out with common photos when the face recognition is unsuccessful.
Note: By default, employees are only allowed to re-upload face data instead of switching to the method of clocking in or out with common photos. You can modify the settings as needed.
- 4.Manage recognition situations
The system will notify employees to upload face data when face recognition is enabled. Administrators can manage on the Facial Recognition page.
You can check if employees have uploaded face data and if the data are accurate. You can also send reminders to employees who have not uploaded face data. If there are inaccurate records, you can delete these records and ask employees to upload face data again.
How should employees operate?
Note: Facial recognition is only available on Feishu version 3.2.0 or above.
The system will notify employees to upload face data when face recognition is enabled by administrators. There are 2 methods:
- •Method 1: Click Upload Face Data in the notification card, take a photo or upload an image to record.
- •Method 2: Open Attendance app - Settings page, find Upload face data to take a photo or upload an image.
- 2.Follow facial recognition rules
Employees need to tap the clock-in/out button and pass the facial recognition to clock in/out.
- 3.Face recognition is unsuccessful
If face recognition fails, you can:
- •Recognize again: try to recognize your face again
- •Re-upload face data: retake a photo or upload an image. The face data will be updated once it's approved.
- •Clock in/out with photos: record attendance with common photos
Note: Re-uploading face data and clocking in or out with common photos are only available when the administrator enables the setting.