⚠️ Risk Warning:
Please select this method cautiously as it's easier to cheat and more difficult to be detected (e.g., attendance group members may cheat through virtual IP software).
- 1.What is a public network IP?
Also known as WAN IP, it refers to the non-reserved address on the Internet which is connected with the public network (WAN and LAN are 2 types of Internet access. Computers on WAN and other computers on the Internet can freely access to each other).
- ▪It refers to Internet Protocol addresses. The IP address is a unified address format provided by the IP, which assigns a logical address to every network and host on the Internet to avoid differences in physical addresses.
- ◦Public network IP field range:
- ▪Class A: 188.8.131.52 to 127.255.255.255. Mainly allocated to large networks with many hosts but a small number of LAN networks.
- 2.Under what circumstances can public network IP attendance be configured?
When the office network has a unified exit IP, the attendance groups of this office area can be configured with public network IP attendance.
- ◦Advantages: Compared with Wi-Fi MAC addresses, the public IP address is relatively stable and without frequent change.
- ◦Disadvantages: Attendance group members can counterfeit the IP address through virtual IP software. It's easier to cheat and more difficult to be detected.