This article summarizes Docs new features and feature optimizations.
Exporting Docs as watermarked Word or PDF files supported
When you export a Doc as Word or PDF file, you can add watermarks to exported files to ensure security during Doc sharing.
Product: Docs Released on: July 23
More date formats supported in Sheets
In Menu - Format of a Sheet, more formats are now available in More date and time formats for date-type cells.
Product: Sheets Released on: July 23
Sharing Docs to third-party platforms supported (Mobile app)
In the sharing interface of Mobile app, you can share online Docs, Sheets, PPT or PDF files to third-party apps. In addition, you can also take screenshots of Docs with one click to share content again.
Product: Docs Released on: June 28
Inserting contact cards of external groups in Docs is now supported
You can insert contact cards of external groups in a Doc. Collaborators can click the group contact card to join or view a group.
Product: Docs Released on: June 28
November 5, 2019
The default style of cells in a Sheet was optimized.
October 15, 2019
You can copy and paste images from a Doc into a Sheet.
September 24, 2019
Shortcuts for View all formulas and View all functions were added to Sheets.
September 3, 2019
The More templates feature was integrated in Sheets.
August 6, 2019
Hidden content in a copied area of Sheets will be contained and a prompt will be shown.
July 23, 2019
Users with permission to read in Sheets can choose to show or hide a row or column.
June 10, 2019
- •Docs: Clicking an anchor link in a Doc will redirect to the anchored content, without needing to open a new page.
May 29, 2019
- •You can edit or delete your own comments in Docs.
May 17, 2019
- •Docs was upgraded to the cloud space to provide a better collaborative writing space for teams.
- •Search results of a cloud space can be filtered by owner and type.
- •Docs now supports six highlighting colors. You can use different colors to highlight different items.
April 27, 2019
- •You can view Sheets information, including the reads and readers information.
- •You can comment in a cell in a Sheet.
- •The text when a user is @mentioned in a Doc is highlighted.
- •Docs support pressing and holding a QR code in the image viewer to recognize a QR code.
April 12, 2019
- •You can view Docs information, including the number of reads and readers information.
March 27, 2019
- •Sorting Docs lists is supported.
March 5, 2019
- •All cached Docs can be edited offline.
February 16, 2019
- •Sheets support selecting multiple cells.
- •Docs support searching characters.
- •Styles and interactions of the Docs toolbar were optimized.
January 26, 2019
- •Sheets support cutting, copying and pasting cells.
- •Docs support changing Doc and folder owners.
- •Docs support removing quick access Docs by pressing and holding the desired Docs.
January 17, 2019
- •Sheets support viewing, replying or leaving comments.
- •Interactive actions on image comments were optimized in Docs.
January 6, 2019
- •The Docs home page was added to facilitate Doc searches.
- •Docs, Sheets and folders can be added to Quick Access or Favorites.
- •Likes for Docs were supported.
- •The body text layout of Docs was redesigned.
- •You can request permissions for folders.
- •Docs icons and type recognition were optimized.
November 10, 2018
- •Cross-tenant usage was supported. You can invite external contacts for collaboration.
- •Permission settings became compatible with cross-tenant scenarios.
- •You can browse and open a Doc in the browser in a handoff.
- •Docs support hyperlinks.
- •Docs support saving an edit on a repeated appointment only once, so that edits won’t apply to all repeated appointments.
- •The display logic of the appointments and red lines in the list view was optimized.
October 10, 2018
- •@mentioning groups, disabling notifications for @mentioning users or groups, and @mentioning users in Docs for automatic authorization were supported.
- •Docs comments can be copied.
- •You can request permissions for Docs on the desired Doc page.
- •The editing experience of Sheets was optimized.
- •The bugs in some permission modules and international text were fixed.
September 18, 2018
- •Docs or folders can be moved to a Sheet in a Shared Folder or a Sheet in a Doc. You can adjust the row height or column width, or insert or delete rows or columns.
- •Layout adjustment: The link to Docs was moved to the home page; Me was moved to the top right corner of the home page; Inbox was moved to the top left corner of the home page; My Docs, Shared, and Recent were moved to the top left corner.
September 9, 2018
- •Docs can be sent quickly in a conversation.
August 6, 2018
- •Folder sharing was supported.
- •Docs list was localized to speed up loading.
- •Docs list support gestures for sharing Docs, managing permissions, or dragging to move Docs.
- •The browsing experience of Docs images was optimized.
August 1, 2018
- •Bugs in the Docs toolbar in iOS 10 were fixed.
- •The bugs of app crashes caused by card comments and gestures in Docs were fixed.