Jira Filter function is still in grayscale test.
Jira is a professional project tracking software that is applied to project and task tracking, demand collection, and more. To better manage and share Jira data, you can use the Jira Filter function in Docs to display data in a table in Grid and Kanban views; all data will be updated automatically. You can also sort, filter or group Jira data in the inserted table to manage data efficiently.
Set up Jira Master
Before start, you'll need to set up Jira Master, a tool provided by Feishu, to receive development updates. To set up, ask your company administrators to configure Jira Master so all employees can access it.
Once Jira Master is set up, you'll be able to use the Jira Filter function in Docs toolbar.
Use Jira Filter in Docs
Learn how to use Jira Filter in 1 minute:
Check out detailed instructions below for how to insert a Jira Filter in Docs.
- 1. Connect Jira account with your Docs
Open a Doc, hover your cursor on the + button and choose Jira Filter. Click Connect and follow instructions to link your Jira account.
- 2. Copy a Jira Filter link
You can insert a Jira Filter into Docs by pasting the Filter's link. To copy a Jira Filter link, simply follow steps below:
- 1.Hover cursor on the + icon and then choose Jira Filter from the doc's toolbar.
- 2.Click on Create a new filter or view existing filters.
- 3.Find the desired Jira Filter and copy its link to insert it into the Doc.
- 3. Insert Jira Filter into a Doc
- •Method 1: Directly paste Jira Filter's link into a Doc, then choose Embed data.
- •Method 2: Open a Doc, hover your cursor on the + icon and select Jira Filter. Paste Jira Filter's link, then hit Confirm. Jira data will be shown in the Doc as a table.
- 4. Sync Jira data on a Doc
Every time you open or refresh a Doc, it'll automatically pull the latest data from Jira system to update the table. If you wish to update the table manually, simply click Last Synced in the upper left corner of the table to refresh.
- 5. View and manage Jira data
Create or switch views of the table
- •Create a view: You can choose to display Jira Filter in Grid View or Kanban View. Click on Jira Filter's name in the upper left corner, and then click New - Grid View or Kanban View to create multiple views for better data management.
- •Switch between multiple views: To switch from one view to another, click on Jira Filter's name and then click on the desired view's name.
Customize columns for different data dimensions
If you wish to show more or less data dimensions, just click on the Customize columns icon to show or hide columns.
Note: If you don't see your desired data dimensions in the inserted Jira Filter, please see "Why can't I find the desired data columns in Jira Filter?" in the FAQs section below.
Filter, group, sort data or view table in full screen
- •Filter: To apply filters to the table, click Filter in the toolbar, then set filter details.
- •Group: Click on Group button and choose which columns to group by.
- •Sort: Click on the Sort button and choose columns to sort them in alphabetical order or reversely.
- •Full screen: To enter full screen, just click the full screen button in the upper right corner of the data table.
Q: How can I rename or delete a view of the table?
A: To delete one view among multiple views, click on Jira Filter's name, find the desired view and click the ... icon to rename or delete.
If there's only one view for the Jira Filter, you can rename it by hovering over Jira Filter's name and click the pencil icon that appears on the right. To delete the view, just click on = button on the top left corner and choose Delete.
Q: How can I change the row height of the table?
A: You can use the Row height button to set height in Short, Medium, Tall or Extra Tall.
Q: Can I edit Jira data in Docs?
Q: Why can't I find the desired data columns in Jira Filter?
A: Jira Filter's customized columns provide up to 40 types, including 20+ frequently used columns provided by Feishu (e.g. Key, Theme, Summary, Priority, etc.), and other columns set as "shown" in Jira. If you wish to include more Jira columns, simply modify the column settings on your Jira account. Remember to sync data in the inserted Jira Filter in Docs to update changes.
Q: How can I open a Jira account?
A: Jira is developed by Atlassian. You'll need to purchase Jira software from Atlassian first to start an account.
Q: How to unlink an account from Jira Master?
Q: What other third-party software can I use in Docs?
A: Currently, Docs is planning to integrate more third-party tools into documents. You are encouraged to tell us your specific needs at any time.
👍If this article has been helpful, please give us a thumbs up.