I. Function overview
When scheduling a meeting, team members can quickly find available rooms in Calendar, and select and reserve a room based on the room capacity to better suits their needs.
Note: The administrator must complete the room resource configuration in Feishu Admin before team members can find and book rooms in Calendar.
You have two ways to quickly find and reserve a room:
- 1.Find and reserve a room on the Edit Event page
Go to Calendar, and click + to go to the event editing page. Alternatively, click the edit icon on the calendar card of an existing calendar to go to the editing page.
Choose Add rooms - Available rooms only, and then you can view and reserve an available room in your office area. You can refer to the room capacity to select a room that suits your needs.
- 2.Find and reserve a room on the Find Rooms page
Subscribe to a room calendar
If you need to use a room frequently, click Find Rooms in the upper-right corner of a Calendar on Feishu desktop and subscribe to the room calendar, so you can view the availability status of each room you've subscribed to.
In Calendar, click the Calendar icon - Subscribe to calendar. Navigate to the Rooms tab to find and subscribe to the room you frequently use. Once subscribed successfully, you can view the availability of this room in Calendar.
Reserve a room on the Room Calendar page
In the Calendar section of a room you've subscribed to, select an idle period and add an Event to reserve the room.
Note: Currently Feishu desktop supports reserving a room on the Find Rooms page. If you want to reserve a room on Feishu mobile, please go back to Calendar and choose Create event - Add rooms to do so.
Q: Under what circumstances will room reservation fail? What should I do about it?
A: Room reservation may fail because of one of the following reasons:
- •The room reservation requires approval: If the room you intend to reserve carries an Approval required tag, the reservation of that room will succeed only after the administrator approves the request. You can initiate a request to reserve the room. After the request is approved, the room will be reserved for you. Otherwise, please reserve another room.
- •The room to reserve is disabled: If the room you intend to reserve carries a Disabled tag, it means the room has been disabled by the administrator and can’t be reserved. Please reserve another room.
- •The reserved time doesn’t fall within the room’s opening hours: If the room’s reserved time doesn’t fall within its opening hours, the reservation will also fail. For example, if the system prompts that reservation of this room isn't supported when you try to add it, you can change the reserved time based on the room’s available hours, available meeting durations and available dates. Alternatively, you can select another room.
- •Room reservations for a recurring event fail: If you've reserved a room for a recurring event, but the room becomes unavailable more than 10 times because it's occupied or disabled, then all your reservations for this room for this recurring event will fail. Please reserve another room.
Note: The above circumstances will occur only after the administrator has completed meeting configuration in Feishu Admin. If you have more questions, please contact your team administrator.
💡 You may also like