This article describes how to use the lobby feature in meetings.
Keep your meetings secureThe host can place people without joining permissions in the lobby on entry.
Optimize the way to join a meeting: People waiting in the lobby can join the meeting once they're admitted by the host.
Note: The minimum version required for this feature is 3.31 for desktop and mobile.
- •When the host sets joining permissions as Anyone can join, no one will enter the lobby.
- •The host can click Host controls and select Place people without joining permissions in lobby on entry
If there's only one person in the lobby, the host can click Admit to this person to the meeting, or click View lobby to see this person in the list of participants.
If there's more than one person in the lobby, the host can click View lobby to admit or remove them.
- •The host can see all the people who are waiting in the lobby.
- •To admit a person to the meeting, click Admit.
- •To remove a person from the lobby, click Remove.
- •To admit everyone who's waiting, click Admit all.
Q: If users are removed from the lobby by the host, can they rejoin the meeting?
A: Yes, they can. If they don't have permission to join the meeting, they will be placed in the lobby again.
Q: If the host enables the lobby feature, will the users who have already joined the meeting be affected?
A: No, they won't be affected.