By reading this article, you will have a clear understanding on how to edit MindNotes and use the toolbar.
How to edit MindNotes?
In MindNotes, you can edit in Outline View (not MindMap View)by creating new items, promoting or demoting items, dragging and dropping items, and expanding or collapsing items.
- •Click on a blank document to create an item.
- •Press Enter to create a new item.
- 2.Promote or demote items
- •Press Tab to demote an item (move it to the right).
- •Press Shift + Tab to promote an item (move it to the left).
- •Drag and drop by holding down on the bullet point on the left side of the item and move up or down.
- 4.Expand or collapse items
- •Expand or collapse an item by clicking the arrow to the left of the bullet point if an item has subitems.
What is an item toolbar?
The item toolbar of MindNotes includes the following functions: adjust font color and size, add underline or bold and italic, edit description, complete or activate, add images, drill down, copy link, and delete.
- •Click the bullet point to the left of the item to expand the item toolbar, you can:
- ◦Edit description: add a description of the item.
- ◦Complete or activate: complete (i.e. cross out) the text of the selected item; activate (i.e. display) the text of the selected item.
- ◦Add images: upload local images (supports JPG, PNG, GIF, and other formats); click to adjust the image size, and double-click to zoom in.
- ◦Drill down: drill down to edit the current item.
- ◦Copy link: copy a Doc link.
- ◦Delete: delete the selected item.
Click on the bullet point to enter and drill down on the current item for more focused thinking and immersive editing. The navigation bar at the top can help you pinpoint quickly.
- •Method 1: double-click on the bullet point on the left to drill down.
- •Method 2: click on the bullet point on the left to enter the toolbar, and enter the current item by selecting Drill down.