This article describes how to configure Check In on Feishu.
- •Check In is an app with precise positioning, consisting of two parts: mobile app and Check In Admin on desktop. The mobile app is used by employees to check-in with one click and by supervisors to manage check-in statistics. Administrators with relevant permissions can view the team check-in statistics, set up check-in groups, and manage user permissions in Check In Admin.
- •The roles of Check In app and Check In Admin, as well as their corresponding permissions are as follows:
II. Configure Check In app
Super Administrators in Check In Admin can click Feishu App Directory, search for Check In app and click GET to install the app. The page will lead to Feishu Admin automatically.
- 2.Initialize Check In app
Super Administrators in Check In Admin can configure Check In app after installation:
- •Activate: On the Feishu Admin page, enter Workplace - App List, find Check In app in the list and Activate it. Then, set its Range of contact permission as All employees, and select its Availability as Available for all employees.
- •Set department supervisors: Enter Contacts - User and Department to confirm that each department has set up a department supervisor. You can click the ... icon on the right of the department and select Edit Department to set the department supervisor and other details. Click here to learn how to set administrators.
- •Employees not included in the Range of contact permission cannot use Check In app.
- •Employees not included in the Availability cannot find Check In app in the Workplace.
III. Use Check In Admin
Note: Please refer to the former table about permissions in Check In Admin in the Introduction section for roles with access to Check In Admin.
- 1.View and export the check-in records of departments / check-in groups
You can view the check-in statistics (including time, location, etc.) of your departments or check-in groups on Check In Admin. Also, you can click view details to view the content the employee filled in when checking-in; as well as to filter and view specific check-in data by Department, Employee, Time, and Check-in Time.
You can also filter the check-in statistics of your department or check-in groups, and click Export reports to download the report.
- 2.View check-in locations of departments / check-in groups
You can also view the distribution of check-in locations of certain members in your departments or check-in groups on a certain day in Check In Admin. The check-in locations of the member on that day will be displayed on the map chronologically.
Manage check-in groups
If you need to manage check-in records of employees from multiple departments, you can create a check-in group, which can be composed of employees from different departments.
- 1.Create a check-in group
Go to Check in Admin - Manage check-in groups, super administrators and Admin administrators can click Create new group, enter the group name, group manager and members, and click OK.
Note: Check-in group manager can control group members, view the group check-in statistics, and also authorize others (as report viewers) to view the check-in statistics in the group.
- 2.Add and remove members in check-in groups
Go to Check In Admin - Manage check-in groups. Here, super administrators, Admin administrators, and check-in group managers can add or remove members in check-in groups within their permissions. Click Add member, enter the name, and confirm to add the designated member to the check-in group; click Remove, then confirm to remove the member from the check-in group.
- 1.Set Admin administrator
Go to Check in Admin - Settings - Admin administrator. Here, super administrators can click Add member and enter name to add certain members as Admin administrators; click remove in the list of Admin administrators and confirm to remove the permissions of Admin administrators. Go to Check in Admin - Settings - Report viewer. Here, super administrators, Admin administrators and check-in group ma can add report viewers for check-in groups with their permissions. You need to specify a check-in group before adding or removing report viewers for that check-in group.
IV. Use Check In app
Guide for department supervisors and check-in group managers
In Check In app, check-in group managers have similar permissions as department supervisors, with the only difference that check-in group managers manage check-in groups while department supervisors manage departments. Therefore, this section only shows how to use Check In app by department supervisors as an example.
Note: Please refer to the former table on permissions in the Introduction section for roles and permissions in Check In app.
- 1.Publish check-in templates
Open Check In app in Feishu, go to Team - Groups that I manage - Department - Set template, and click the + icon to create a new template.
On Create Template, click the + icon to create a new template, or Use default template. You can use six types of questions (Multiple choice, Checkboxes, Short answer, Rating scale, Date/Time and Image) to formulate the content members have to fill in.
After finishing, click Preview to confirm the layout, and click Publish. After publishing, you can view the template you've created on the Template page, as well as Edit, Create a copy, Deactivate / Activate, and Delete templates.
Go to Team - Groups that I manage - Department. Then click the date in the upper right corner to view check-in statistics of your team by each day.
If department members have filled in the check-in record, you can view the details by clicking the check-in record card. When all members have checked-in, the system will prompt All checked in. Total x.(x refers to the number of department members).
You can click the member's profile photo on the Not checked in box to enter the member's Check-in Records page and view member's check-in records.
Go to Team - Groups that I manage - Department. Then click Export Report and select the Start time and End time, then click Export Report below. The report will be sent to your Feishu account via BOT as a download link. When you receive the message, Click to download to view the report of your department.
💕 Congratulations! Now you've learned how to configure Check In app, give it a try! For more information about how to use Check In, see Use Check In on Feishu.
💕 If you have further questions not answered in this article, please search for Feishu Assistant on Feishu, or click your profile photo and choose Contact Support to find help. Feishu is with you as always.